Monday, March 3, 2014

Cooking with Microgreens

Hey all! I'm Abby, yet another one of the students on the trip. I'm a horticulture major/sustainable agriculture minor and I'm so excited to have to opportunity to work with school garden programs here in the US and across the pond in London. 
Since our microgreens were ready to harvest this past week, I took a few bags home and have been experimenting with how to eat them. The first thing I added them to was a fish and rice dinner that I cooked up. They made an awesome and delicious garnish. There's so much you can do with fish and rice, but I stuck with simply cooking the fish in olive oil and basil on the stove and garnishing it and the rice with a blend of Mexican spices. Then came a hefty pinch of microgreens to top it off. If you want to get fancier, there are tons of different ways to cook tilapia and lots or recipes for risotto and other rice dishes out there. Thankfully, college students who don't have much time on their hands can make this simple dish in just a half hour. 



No comments:

Post a Comment