Monday, March 17, 2014

Day 1-3 Wisely, Freeday, Brandlehow Garden, and Kew Garden

Hi everyone,

I didn't have time to post anything for the past three days, so I'm going to do a super long post.

On the first day, the airplane ride was a rather miserable 8 hour long ride... at least for me.  But I really can't complain too much since I have ridden a more longer ride to Taiwan.

Anyways arriving at London was terrific.  It was nice and sunny.  It was also very warm as well.  The Wisely Garden was a very nice place to go to.  I enjoyed looking at the plants and trees.  I found many unique plants, one of them included bamboo.  Who knew bamboo could grow in London!

Freeday was pretty cool as well.  I didn't do much for my group spend mostly the entire day in front of Buckingham Palace waiting to see the "Changing of the Guards" program.  I have to admit that I was slightly disapointed about it.  It wasn't as special as I thought it would turn out to be.  Instead of taking the Hop On Hop Off tour, we then decided to just walk around.  There we went to a few places including Westminister Abbey and Big Ben.



Today at Brandlehow, the Year 3 students that I went and taught, surprised me a lot.  They knew a lot about what we were teaching them.  But I must say, that made our teaching go a lot faster and smoother.  Overall I think this experience was very exciting as well as fun.  I can't wait for tomorrow's school!

Last but not least, the Kew Gardens.  I think the plants here were as magnificent as they were in the Wisely Garden.  My favorite area was the Japanese Area.  I saw a lot of cherry blossoms blooming and different types of trees growing that I have never seen before.  As for the tours that we took, the information given too us was very interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment