Wednesday, March 19, 2014

First Days of teaching

Hey everybody!  Day three had all of us at Brandlehow teaching.  My age group was 8-9.  They were great.  Everybody was curious and willing to participate.  They knew so much and asked great questions.  I really wonder if I was that smart as a kid and I highly doubt it.






That afternoon we went to Kew Gardens.  Seeing the labs were amazing. I really enjoyed the herbarium.  To know all those plants are there from all over the world and through the years. The gardens were amazing.  I wish I could have seen more.  There was a peacock that was just walking around.  I really liked that peacock.

















On Tuesday we went to Hampton Hills.  What a great group of kids.  One of the school projects is to put on a restaurant.  The child go out and by the food.  Other children prepare and cook the food.  The children had training from a nearby restaurant and they served our food.  It was a lot of fun.  After a school assembly I had a group of girls come up and ask me about fisheries.  It was great to see young children interested in my field.






No comments:

Post a Comment