Sunday, February 16, 2014

Monica's Post

Hi all,

Going along what Alisha was doing for her first post, I'm going to do an introduction about myself as well. 

My name is Monica Chung.  I am a junior as well with a B.S. in psychology.  I haven't decided on a minor, but I am hoping to try and do a nutrition one.  I took this course because I find horticulture very interesting and I love planting stuff.  Also I wanted to study abroad and even thought a week in London may not sound like a lot of time, I think it will be a wonderful experience.  After college, I haven't really decided if I want to go to grad school yet, but it is a possibility as well as going to culinary school, for I also love cooking as well as baking.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, My name is Jenna and I am currently studying Human Resources and Industrial Relations at Carlson School of Management. I took this course for a variety of reasons. The first reason that I joined is for the study abroad portion over spring break. In Carlson, we have to travel abroad in order to graduate. Since I am a senior, I needed to complete this requirement asap. Going to London to teach gardening in schools seems like an amazing opportunity for me. Not only does it fit my graduation requirements, but it also fits my interests in sustainable living and education. This summer I traveled to Hawai’I to WWOOF. WWOOF is an organization that allows people to work on organic farms in exchange for a place to live and food. While being there, I was also extremely involved in education in the community. We helped the community learn how to grow the native trees, such as ohia and koa, as well as how to propagate the bee population. This to me was a great experience, and one that I would not trade for the world. I am extremely excited to continue this line of work as I learn more in this course, and as we travel to London.

    ReplyDelete