Sunday, February 23, 2014

Eating microgreens

On Wednesday I went into the greenhouse and harvested some microgreens. I harvested some peas and Chinese cabbage. On Thursday morning when making my lunch I decided to add some to my sandwich. This gave the sandwich a unique taste which was very similar to putting lettuce on the sandwich. I have a picture below. That night my roommate and I found some pasta sauce in the fridge so we decided to have spaghetti. I thought the microgreens treated great on my sandwich so I decided to add some to my sauce as well and I found that the pea taste definitely was more apparent.  My roommate was not willing to combine them into her sauce but I made her try both kind of microgreens which she said they both tasted like grass especially the peas. I don't know how she knows what grass tastes like but I thought it was interesting how each of our taste buds perceived the taste differently. Finally, This morning I still had a few microgreens left which I decided to add to my scrambled eggs. I felt that cooking the microgreens brought out the taste and added a different texture to my ordinary scrambled eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment