Monday, March 25, 2013

A Week in London

London...

I don't even know where to begin.  I had such a fantastic time in London, and I learned so much about gardening, education, and life in general.  The School Gardens Conference at Hatfield was very informative, and I learned quite a bit about incorporating science-based learning in the classroom and working with children in a vegetable garden.  The Hatfield Estate itself was beautiful.  I enjoyed working with the kids at all four schools and seeing the joy in their eyes as they worked in the garden, planting, digging, and playing.  All of the teachers we met were clearly passionate about gardening and the benefits it brings to their school and community.  Each school had a different design for their garden, but all were beautiful and functional.  I'll may individual posts about the schools in the coming days.

London is a beautiful, bustling city full of many things to see and do.  Exploring between school and garden visits was exciting.  The food, people, and city were all wonderful and made me feel welcome.  I can't wait to go back!

No comments:

Post a Comment