Monday, April 14, 2014

London Trip Review

I would like to take this time to reflect on our trip to London, and everything that I learned. Not only did I obtain new information and techniques in horticulture, but I was also exposed to a fascinating new culture. I would like to talk about some of my favorite things about London. I loved the trend of community gardens inside and around London. This is not allotment, as often seen in the U.S. Rather, this is a garden that serves the purpose of the whole community, and relies heavily on community involvement in order to be successful. I also thoroughly enjoyed how they often integrated these gardens with education and school children. This allows many generations to be involved. Another thing I enjoyed was all of the beautiful public gardens that were free of charged for all who cared to visit. I have included some pictures I took at these locations below. One more thing I loved about London doesn't have to do with horticulture, but I still loved their great manners! It was great.




Displaying DSCN1864.jpgDisplaying DSCN1913.JPGDisplaying DSCN1958.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment