Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Hampton Court Palace

Hey everyone--super late getting this up, I know! I have been meaning to put up photos from the rest of the trip since we got back and I'm just now getting to it.

On Saturday morning at the end of the trip, a group of us went to Hampton Court Palace--which was incredible! I'm so glad I decided to go see it. It was huge, gorgeous architecture, and a beautiful day. We spent an hour or two wandering around the castle and grounds.

Castle courtyard entrance
There were also reenactment actors... here's King Henry VIII.


King Henry's wine cellar, for supplying royal parties, I assume!


We walked through the kitchens, which I was very excited about. It was really neat to see and imagine how a kitchen would produce food on such a big scale, given the technology they had at the time.


Including the spit oven, where huge pieces of meat could be roasted.


We also got to know some of the local waterfowl...


A view from the gardens


No comments:

Post a Comment