Monday, May 12, 2014

Introduction Post

I put this post under Monica's in the beginning of the semester when I did not know how to do a new post. I am including it here just to make sure it is seen.

Hi, My name is Jenna and I am currently studying Human Resources and Industrial Relations at Carlson School of Management. I took this course for a variety of reasons. The first reason that I joined is for the study abroad portion over spring break. In Carlson, we have to travel abroad in order to graduate. Since I am a senior, I needed to complete this requirement asap. Going to London to teach gardening in schools seems like an amazing opportunity for me. Not only does it fit my graduation requirements, but it also fits my interests in sustainable living and education. This summer I traveled to Hawai’I to WWOOF. WWOOF is an organization that allows people to work on organic farms in exchange for a place to live and food. While being there, I was also extremely involved in education in the community. We helped the community learn how to grow the native trees, such as ohia and koa, as well as how to propagate the bee population. This to me was a great experience, and one that I would not trade for the world. I am extremely excited to continue this line of work as I learn more in this course, and as we travel to London.

No comments:

Post a Comment